Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My Favorite Vanilla Buttercream


I have had this recipe memorized for 3 or 4 years now. (That tells you how often I use it!) I love it! I get so many compliments on it and it is now called 'Emily's Buttercream' around here. I know that most bakers
use all butter in buttercream frosting, but I prefer doing half butter and half shortening. This is not for taste reasons but because when you are making frosting once a week, 2 sticks of butter each time can get pricey. I don' t taste a difference and if you prefer you can substitute another stick of butter for the shortening. We'll call this the Budget Friendly Buttercream :).


Recipe:
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened naturally
1/2 c shortening
1 t vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar
2 T milk

Directions: Beat your butter and your shortening together. Mix in your vanilla. Slowly add your powdered sugar while you mixer is on low. Add in milk until it is your desired consistency. Leftover ideas include putting it inside 2 graham crackers or eating with a spoon. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment