Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Cute Camera Strap

After months and months of waiting I finally saved up enough money to buy my first DSLR camera! I was obsessing over it for weeks. After I got it for Christmas I saw the plain black camera strap and knew I could do better. I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out some cute ribbon and trim and put together this beauty! 





Supplies:
  • camera strap
  • ribbon about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch wider than your strap
  • wide trim 
  • small trim
  • matching thread




1.  Measure the length of your strap and add an inch for wiggle room. Cut 2 pieces of your ribbon at that length (for the Front and back). Fold the short edge of your ribbon down and sew along the short edge of your camera strap with the extra ribbon width evenly spaced across the two edges.


2. Sew down both edges of the ribbon making sure that you are catching the strap. You will want to go slow and use a heavy duty needle because the strap is very thick. I didn't run into any problems. 


3. Sew on your wide trim down the middle (or whatever would work best with your trim). 


4. Sew on your thin trim. If it is beaded like mine go VERY slowly and use your hand wheel on places where you might run into a bead to prevent breaking your needle.

5. Sew on your back piece lining it up to the front piece. Sew only the edges of the ribbon and make sure the trim doesn't get caught.


TADA!

No comments:

Post a Comment