Thursday, July 18, 2013

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

       


          I love lemonade, especially strawberry lemonade. It's so refreshing and sweet. So When I saw this recipe in my new cookbook, I new it was a must. I took these to my cousin's mission farewell on Sunday, and they were a huge hit! And can I just say, the frosting is AMAZING! I was skeptical of that much frosting on a cupcake, but it definitely works here!
  There's a similar recipe here from her fantastic blog.


Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Adapted from 'Your Cup of Cake'

Cupcakes:
1 box lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 c oil
3/4 c milk
1/3 c plain yogurt or sour cream
juice and zest from 1 lemon

Buttercream:
1 c butter, softened
1 t vanilla
4-5 c powdered sugar
2-4 T strawberry puree

Line your cupcake pans and Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine All cupcake ingredients and beat until combined. Pour into your cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 17-22 minutes. For buttercream, beat butter for 3 minutes and add vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar. Add puree slowly and add more powdered sugar if needed to reach desired consistency. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment