Sunday, July 21, 2013

Luscious Lemon Bars


For as long as I remember, I've helped my dad make these lemon bars.There's just something about them that's so amazing. It's the perfect blend of tart lemon and sweet powered sugar and crust. Our secret,
extra lemon juice. It gives it the perfect ZANG! I keep on going back for more, and more, and more, because I don't feel as guilty since it doesn't feel sugary! :) These are SO GOOD! Make sure you use 3/4 cup butter, not 3/4 pound. Oops :) So later I will be posting another recipe with the same crust! YAY!


Luscious Lemon Bars

Crust:
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
1/2 c powdered sugar
1 1/2 c flour

Filling:
3 eggs
1 c sugar
1/2 c lemon juice
4 T flour

Mix together crust ingredients just like you would a regular pie shell. Press it into a 9x13" pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Mix together Filling ingredients and beat with a wisk until frothy. Pour over crust ( it doesn't have to be cooled) and bake for another 15 minutes. When it's completely cooled, sprinkle powdered sugar on top. ( It has to be cooled or else sugar will melt!) Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment