Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Perfect Petal Pillow


I pinned this a couple of weeks ago and loved it! I went to go get the tutorial and it led to a
dead end. UGH! So I decided to make my own!

I started by cutting my pillow fabric. I made it 1 inch bigger than I wanted it to end up. Mine's 14x14". You need 2 of them.


To make the petals, cut a square of felt about 3 inches by 3 inches. 



Fold it in half.....


to cut out a heart.

l
Cut the end off


Cut it in half and round to make a petal shape. 


Or you could just free-hand petals, that would probably be easier :)


Fold 1 side in, then the other and glue. These are your petals! You'll need about:
8 for the center
12 for the middle
16-18 for the outside
It was easier for me to do them as I go since I have a short attention span and no patience :)


Fold 1 piece of  your fabric into quarters so you know where to line them up and glue the bases to the fabric


For the next layer, put the petals underneath the first ones. Also, cut a circle to cover the center and glue it on.


Now repeat for the 3rd layer. 


Put your second piece of fabric on top of your fabric with the flower and sew around leaving a pretty large hole in 1 end. I used the edge of my presser foot as my guide. Now turn it inside out, hand sew the hole closed, add some bling, and you're done!


YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment