Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fudge Pie


I love Paula Deen. That may sound odd for a 13 almost 14 year old to say, but she's my role model. My dream is to be on her show with her and get some of her gorgeous measuring cups.


I love that she always cooks food that you would actually want to eat, like this pie. You'll love her too, once you taste it! I have all of her shows set to record. When I watched the episode where she made this, I made it immediately.


 It is so good! you can sort of tell from the bottom picture that it's moist and gooey in the inside. This is perfect served with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!


Fudge Pie:
Adapted from Paula Deen

2 (1-oz) squares semi sweet chocolate OR
 2 (1-oz) squares unsweetened chocolate plus 2 t. sugar

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)

1 cup sugar

2 eggs, beaten

1 tsp vanilla

1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust

Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Melt the chocolate with the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove it from the heat and add in your sugar. Add the vanilla, and keep stirring until it's cool enough to stick your finger in without having to pull it out. Add the eggs, don't worry about tempering them, just stir really fast. Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 25 minutes or until just set. Serve warm or cold, with ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment