Sunday, May 3, 2015

Flower cupcakes with white chocolate frosting


I took a cake decorating class at Michaels a few months ago learning how to make those gorgeous royal icing flowers you see in the magazines. It was a blast! I was actually the only student there so
I got special treatment and got the hang of it really fast. For these cupcakes I made turquoise roses and coral apple blossoms. For the other ones I used the petal method taught in the second Wilton course book, but I also found a fabulous video tutorial here.




Flower Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting

1 batch pre-made chocolate cupcakes (recipe here)

White Chocolate Frosting

1/2 C butter
1/4 C white chocolate, melted
4 C powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
Milk as needed

Beat the butter for 1 minute then slowly pour in the white chocolate. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla, then pour in the milk until it is your desired consistency. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment