Thursday, July 10, 2014

Ballerina Cake



I've started a little cake buisness around my neighborhood! It's kind of fun to get a break from cupcakes and to do what really got me into baking, Cake Decorating! I've won the wilton award at the County Fair for cake decorating the past 3 years and I'm glad to have an excuse to decorate cakes again!


I started with a red velvet cake filled with a whipped cream cheese frosting. (4 layers) I then frosted the outside with cream cheese icing. I glued toole to the cake stand and make fondant ballet slippers (Here's the tutorial I used ). I made  a rosette border in buttercream (I hate pipping cream cheese) and used 16 candles then used pink riboon around the base for the waistband of the tutu. It's so adorable! Perfect for your prima ballerina!

No comments:

Post a Comment