Friday, April 5, 2019

Bridal Shower Cupcakes

I may have a slight obsession with Weddings. My Wedding Board on Pinterest has been my largest since I was 14! So whenever I have anyone in my family get married I immediately volunteer to do ANYTHING! Usually it ends up being desserts and this was the case for my new cousin's bridal shower.
img_9033
Her colors were Navy, Watermelon Pink, and Gold. I wanted to really let the decorations shine, so I opted to spread the frosting so it was simpler and not distracting.  To make it neat I used a scoop like this one then I used a spatula and carefully spread it close to the edge. I used my Cricut  machine to cut out Gold Sparkle Rings, using a thick sparkle cardstock. It was so thick that I had to run it through twice! I then hot glued toothpicks to the bottom and stuck it through a vanilla cupcake. I made frosting roses like these ones and put several edible pearls around. I simply made up a vanilla cake recipe from a box, but I'm going to share my FAVORITE frosting recipe. It's cream cheese, but a very light cream cheese flavor that compliments without it overwhelming the other flavors.
[recipe title= "The Best Cream Cheese Frosting" Servings= "Generously Frosts 24 Cupcakes" Print="true" description="A Cream Cheese Frosting with a light flavor that compliments any cake" ]
[recipe-ingredients]
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup cream cheese, COLD
  • 4-5 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • Milk as Needed
[/recipe-ingredients]
[recipe-directions]
  1. Beat butter for 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the bow, add cold cream cheese and beat for another minute.
  2. Slowly add powdered sugar. When it is combined, add vanilla and milk. Beat for 3-4 minutes until it is fluffy.
  3. Frost on cakes, cupcakes, or eat with a spoon! ;)
  4. Enjoy!
[/recipe]
img_9037

No comments:

Post a Comment